Planning to cook something new like delicious Japrak at home or hotel for the first time but and don’t know the exact Japrak recipe, here at ingredients recipes with the help of many expert chefs. We would try to give you a brief and understandable article with simple steps on how to make Japrak recipe at home. Follow these steps and make delicious Japrak and serve in the front of your loved one.
How To Make Japrak Recipe At Home [Simple Steps]
This article has the following things including like Japrak recipe, Japrak recipe Sanjeev Kapoor, Japrak ingredients, Japrak calories:
Japrak Recipe Sanjeev Kapoor
With the help of Sanjeev Kapoor method, we at ingredients recipes try to provide you the best and easiest method on how you can make any dish like this one. Sanjeev Kapoor is India’s one of the best chefs. He is famous for his simplicity and for making understand any dish method easily.
In this section of this article, ingredients recipes will give the number of lists of Japrak ingredients. Prepare your stuff for the dish and be double sure that you have all Ingredients as this section have.
- Around 30-40 vine leaves
- 500 g spring onions
- 600 g mixed greens (I had spinach, sorrel, and some other wild greens, but I don’t know how they are called in English)
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of dill
- 1-2 bunches of mint (same size as the bunch of parsley)
- 4 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp powdered garlic
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- Water to cook the vine leaves
- Start by cleaning all the greens, vine leaves and the green onions.
- Chop the green onions and cook with a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat until tender (around 10-15 minutes).
- Meanwhile chop all the greens apart from the spices and add them to the onion mixture.
- Cook them few minutes (5-10) until they have lost the volume and most of the water they release has been absorbed.
- While the greens are cooking add some water in a big pan and bring to a boil.
- Once it reaches the boiling point add the vine leaves and cook them for 1-2 minutes, until they turn from bright green to dark green and start wilting a little.
- Remove from the boiling water and let sit for few minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, add the rice to the onion and greens mixture and mix it well.
- Add the chopped spices, olive oil, salt, pepper, powdered garlic and cumin and mix again.
- Remove the mixture from the oven and let it aside to cool slightly.
- Now prepare the pan, where you will cook the japraks, by adding a layer of vine leaves covering the bottom.
- Carefully unwrap the vine leaves and start folding the japraks.
- The shiny side of leaves should always be on the back. Be careful to alter the amount of mixture depending on the size of the leaf. Fold leaves carefully over the mixture and put each japrak in the pan.
- Make as many stuffed vine leaves as the rice mixture will make adding them to the saucepan side by side, until the bottom is covered, then start another layer on top.
- Once you’ve finished folding the leaves add a cup of boiling water and cook them over medium heat. Don’t forget to place a heavy plate on top of japraks, so they keep their shape while cooking. Let them simmer with the lead on until they’ve absorbed all the water.
- Enjoy warm or cold with a drizzle of olive oil on top and some yoghurt.
Calories depend on types of dishes, different dishes have a different amount of calories like this Japrak recipe has 50 calories.
Cooking is one of the best hobbies and most of us like to do it. We guess you enjoyed the whole procedure of making Japrak dish at home or at the office. No matter this is your first time or you are a kitchen master, we elaborated in such a manner that you will not face any kind problem on making it. Our team is 24/7 available for you, feel free to contact us anytime.