Planning to cook something new like delicious Keerai kootu at home or hotel for the first time but and don’t know the exact Keerai kootu recipe, here at ingredients recipes with the help of many expert chefs. We would try to give you a brief and understandable article with simple steps on how to make Keerai kootu recipe at home. Follow these steps and make delicious Keerai kootu and serve in the front of your loved one.
How To Make Keerai kootu Recipe At Home [Simple Steps]
This article has the following things including like Keerai kootu recipe, Keerai kootu recipe Sanjeev Kapoor, Keerai kootu ingredients, Keerai kootu calories:
Keerai kootu Recipe
This article will help you to make Keerai kootu recipe. We have used professional chef method to make you understand, how you can make this dish at home just by following simple steps given in this article. The only thing you have to do is just follow the Keerai kootu recipe procedure and make this dish at your home.
Keerai kootu Ingredients
In this section of this article, ingredients recipes will give the number of lists of Keerai kootu ingredients. Prepare your stuff for the dish and be double sure that you have all Ingredients as this section have.
- Keerai or Spinach – 2 bunch (around 4.5 cups)
- Sambar powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Salt As needed
- Asafoetida 2 pinches
- Sugar 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Yellow moong dal (un cooked) – 1/4 cup
- Coconut 2 tblsp
- Jeera or cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil 1 tsp
Keerai kootu Recipe Sanjeev Kapoor
With the help of Sanjeev Kapoor method, we at ingredients recipes try to provide you the best and easiest method on how you can make any dish like this one. Sanjeev Kapoor is India’s one of the best chefs. He is famous for his simplicity and for making understand any dish method easily.
- First of all, wash the spinach 4-5 times in order to remove dirt and after that chop them finely.
- Once you done it, add sambar powder, salt, asafoetida, sugar and turmeric powder.
- After that, add 1/2 cup of water and cook for 5-7 minutes. Let the raw smell of sambar powder go and keerai or spinach gets cooked.
- In the 3rd step, use pressure cooker to cook moong dal with enough water.
- Now, grind the coconut, jeera, and pepper into a fine paste. Add little water if needed while grinding.
- Now, add the cooked dal and the ground paste too into it.
- Mix well and let it boil for 5 minutes and after 5 minutes turn it off.
- Now, in the next step, temper mustard seeds and urad dal in coconut oil.
- At last, serve it hot in front of your family members or friends.
Keerai kootu Calories
Calories depend on types of dishes, different dishes have a different amount of calories like this Keerai kootu recipe has 200 calories.
Cooking is one of the best hobbies and most of us like to do it. We guess you enjoyed the whole procedure of making Keerai kootu dish at home or at the office. No matter this is your first time or you are a kitchen master, we elaborated in such a manner that you will not face any kind problem on making it. Our team is 24/7 available for you, feel free to contact us anytime.