Planning to cook something new like delicious Kori rotti at home or hotel for the first time but and don’t know the exact Kori rotti recipe, here at ingredients recipes with the help of many expert chefs. We would try to give you a brief and understandable article with simple steps on how to make Kori rotti recipe at home. Follow these steps and make delicious Kori rotti and serve in the front of your loved one.
How To Make Kori rotti Recipe At Home [Simple Steps]
This article has the following things including like Kori rotti recipe, Kori rotti recipe Sanjeev Kapoor, Kori rotti ingredients, Kori rotti calories:
Kori rotti Recipe Sanjeev Kapoor
With the help of Sanjeev Kapoor method, we at ingredients recipes try to provide you the best and easiest method on how you can make any dish like this one. Sanjeev Kapoor is India’s one of the best chefs. He is famous for his simplicity and for making understand any dish method easily.
Kori rotti Ingredients
In this section of this article, ingredients recipes will give the number of lists of Kori rotti ingredients. Prepare your stuff for the dish and be double sure that you have all Ingredients as this section have.
- 1 kg Chicken (Curry Cut)
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 + 1 Onion (Large , sliced)
- 3/4 cup Coconut (Grated)
- 1 lime (sized Tamarind ball)
- 1/2 inch Turmeric, whole (See Note 1)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Whole Dhaniya seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Peppercorns (Kali Mirch)
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek (Methi) seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 1 pod Garlic, peeled (See Note 2)
- 8 Chilies, short Red (spicy variety)
- 12 Chilies, Kashmiri Red (more colour, less spice)
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk, thin (See Note 3)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk, thick
- Salt to taste
- Curry Leaves (optional)
Kori rotti Recipe
This article will help you to make Kori rotti recipe. We have used professional chef method to make you understand, how you can make this dish at home just by following simple steps given in this article. The only thing you have to do is just follow the Kori rotti recipe procedure and make this dish at your home.
- In a pan, heat a tablespoon of ghee and add one sliced onion, grated coconut, tamarind and turmeric. Fry for 8-10 minutes till the coconut and onions start turning slightly brown and toasty.
- In another pan, dry roast coriander, pepper, fenugreek, cumin, garlic and both types of chilies, till you get a slightly sweetish, spicy smell. This should take about 5 minutes. Be careful to roast on a low flame so as not to burn the spices.
- Once cooled, grind the coconut mixture and the spice mixture together with some water into a smooth paste.
- In a large pot, pour the ground masala or mixture, add thin coconut milk and the remaining sliced onions. Bring this to a boil and add the chicken pieces and salt.
- Simmer the curry till chicken is cooked (this takes about 35-40 mins). Mix in the thick coconut milk. Stir once and switch off the flame. Top with a tablespoon of ghee and serve hot with rottis, rice and mangaloreanfish fry.
Kori rotti Calories
Calories depend on types of dishes, different dishes have a different amount of calories like this Kori rotti recipe has 50 calories.
Cooking is one of the best hobbies and most of us like to do it. We guess you enjoyed the whole procedure of making Kori rotti dish at home or at the office. No matter this is your first time or you are a kitchen master, we elaborated in such a manner that you will not face any kind problem on making it. Our team is 24/7 available for you, feel free to contact us anytime.