Planning to cook something new like delicious Kos kootu at home or hotel for the first time but and don’t know the exact Kos kootu recipe, here at ingredients recipes with the help of many expert chefs. We would try to give you a brief and understandable article with simple steps on how to make Kos kootu recipe at home. Follow these steps and make delicious Kos kootu and serve in the front of your loved one.
How To Make Kos kootu Recipe At Home [Simple Steps]
This article has the following things including like Kos kootu recipe, Kos kootu recipe Sanjeev Kapoor, Kos kootu ingredients, Kos kootu calories:
Kos kootu Recipe Sanjeev Kapoor
With the help of Sanjeev Kapoor method, we at ingredients recipes try to provide you the best and easiest method on how you can make any dish like this one. Sanjeev Kapoor is India’s one of the best chefs. He is famous for his simplicity and for making understand any dish method easily.
Kos kootu Ingredients
In this section of this article, ingredients recipes will give the number of lists of Kos kootu ingredients. Prepare your stuff for the dish and be double sure that you have all Ingredients as this section have.
- Cabbage – 3 cups chopped
- Moong dal or a mix of moong + tur dal – 1/4 cup
- Sambar powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves -3-4 leaves
- Brown or white channa (kondai kadalai/chick peas) – fistful -(optional)
- Salt as needed
For the Paste
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds/ jeera seeds – 1 tsp
- Fried gram/pottu kadalai – 1 1/2 tsp or use rice flour – 3/4 tsp ( this is used only for thickening)
For the seasoning
- Oil -1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 3/4 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Hing/asafoetida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves
Kos kootu Recipe
This article will help you to make Kos kootu recipe. We have used professional chef method to make you understand, how you can make this dish at home just by following simple steps given in this article. The only thing you have to do is just follow the Kos kootu recipe procedure and make this dish at your home.
- Take a pressure pan or cooker, add chopped cabbage, turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt needed, dal, curry leaves and 1 cup of water.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Open after the pressure subsides.
- After opening the cooker, add cooked brown channa, ground paste, another 3/4 cup of water and boil well.
- Heat a tsp of oil, add mustard seeds, when it sputters, add urad dal. When dal turns golden brown, add hing, red chillies, curry leaves and pour it over the kootu.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or chapati.
Kos kootu Calories
Calories depend on types of dishes, different dishes have a different amount of calories like this Kos kootu recipe has 50 calories.
Cooking is one of the best hobbies and most of us like to do it. We guess you enjoyed the whole procedure of making Kos kootu dish at home or at the office. No matter this is your first time or you are a kitchen master, we elaborated in such a manner that you will not face any kind problem on making it. Our team is 24/7 available for you, feel free to contact us anytime.