Planning to cook something new like delicious Locha at home or hotel for the first time but and don’t know the exact Locha recipe, here at ingredients recipes with the help of many expert chefs. We would try to give you a brief and understandable article with simple steps on how to make Locha recipe at home. Follow these steps and make delicious Locha and serve in the front of your loved one.
How To Make Locha Recipe At Home [Simple Steps]
This article has the following things including like Locha recipe, Locha recipe Sanjeev Kapoor, Locha ingredients, Locha calories:
Locha Recipe Sanjeev Kapoor
With the help of Sanjeev Kapoor method, we at ingredients recipes try to provide you the best and easiest method on how you can make any dish like this one. Sanjeev Kapoor is India’s one of the best chefs. He is famous for his simplicity and for making understand any dish method easily.
In this section of this article, ingredients recipes will give the number of lists of Locha ingredients. Prepare your stuff for the dish and be double sure that you have all Ingredients as this section have.
- Chana dal – 1 cup
- Urad dal- ⅓ cup
- Poha – ⅓ cup
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Green chilly – 1-2
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp or 1 inch baton (grated)
- Asafoetida – 1-2 pinch
- Turmeric powder – less then ¼ tsp
- Black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Red chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Eno fruit salt – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp (as per taste)
- For serving surti locho:
- Green coriander chutney – ½ bowl
- Green coriander – ½ bowl
- Green chilly – 4-5
- Lemon – 1 (juice)
- Fine sev – 1 bowl
This article will help you to make Locha recipe. We have used professional chef method to make you understand, how you can make this dish at home just by following simple steps given in this article. The only thing you have to do is just follow the Locha recipe procedure and make this dish at your home.
- Clean and rinse the chana dal and urad dal. Soak them in water separately for 5-6 hours. Then drain out the excess water.
- Coarsely ground the Chana dal in a mixture jar. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Soak the poha for 10 minutes in water and grind it coarsely along with urad dal.
- In a big mixing bowl, take both the ground lentils.
- Add ginger, asafoetida, turmeric powder, green chilly, salt and red chilly powder. Mix everything well.
- Then add 2 tsp oil to it. Keep the consistency of batter little thick as of dhokla.
- Take a steamer or a vessel to keep the batter filled tray in it. Add 2 cups of water in any big utensil and place it on flame to simmer.
- Grease the container in which you are making surthi locho with some oil.
- After this, add eno fruit salt in the batter and mix well. Pour the batter in the container and tap so that the batter gets even.
- Sprinkle red chilly powder and black pepper powder over it.
- When you see gentle boil in the water and formation of steam, place this batter filled container on the net stand and steam it for 20 minutes. Keep the vessel covered.
- When the surti locho appears puffy and cooked, insert a knife to it. If it comes out clean that means perfectly cooked surti locho is ready. Transfer this mouth-drooling and spicy surthi locho on a plate.
- To serve, crumble it coarsely from the center. Top it up with 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1-2 tsp chutney, green coriander and 2-3 tbsp sev. Add some deep fried and crisp whole green chilies too. Serve this spicy-zingy surti locho steaming hot and relish eating.
Calories depend on types of dishes, different dishes have a different amount of calories like this Locha recipe has 50 calories.
Cooking is one of the best hobbies and most of us like to do it. We guess you enjoyed the whole procedure of making Locha dish at home or at the office. No matter this is your first time or you are a kitchen master, we elaborated in such a manner that you will not face any kind problem on making it. Our team is 24/7 available for you, feel free to contact us anytime.